We got a surprise when we went to our last ultrasound they told us that the first tech was wrong and that it's not a boy! So, in October, we are going to have our first baby girl! Scott and I are very excited. Her name is Maria Ruth. We chose to name her after a dear friend of both our families - Maria Fenty. She and Scott travelled to Southern Sudan together in 2001. Unfortunately during the missions trip she contracted Malaria and died not long after retuning home. She was such a wonderful woman with a true heart for God and his people. The name Maria is also similar to Marie which is either the first name or middle name of about 1/2 the women in Scott's family! :-)
Ruth is also a family name. Scott's grandmother's first name was Ruth and my grandmother's middle name is Ruth.
We have been struggling with choosing a hospital and doctor for this pregnancy. I like the practice where I am currently, but would prefer to go to a bigger hospital than the one in Oneonta - which is the closest. We looked at going to Albany, but keep thinking that it is very far away. (about an hour and 1/2)
Recently we were at one of the hospitals in Binghamton and think that we might look there as well. Please keep this decision in your prayers.
1 comment:
CONGRATS!!!!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to meet her!!!! Let me know if you need anything I will be out in your area in mid August!
Cheryl
Post a Comment